Strawberry Dessert Pizza from a Cake Mix has a strawberry cookie crust that is spread with a generous amount of sweet strawberry frosting then topped with fresh sliced strawberries and a sprinkling of lime zest. Who needs delivery when you can make this easy dessert at home?!
If you have never made one of my cake mix desserts, then you are in for a treat! Having an easy dessert or two in your back pocket (with ingredients that you can stock in your pantry) means that you can entertain at the drop of a hat or make a treat for a party or potluck in no time. This strawberry dessert just screams Summer to me and who doesn’t love a slice of dessert pizza?!
Strawberry Dessert Pizza from a Cake Mix
If you have been around Shaken Together for any length of time, you know no-fuss food is my middle name. So, in this case, it means using a cake mix and prepared frosting. Add some simple sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of fresh lime zest and you have a knock out dessert that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
How to make a Strawberry Dessert Pizza
- Make the cookie base using a strawberry cake mix, eggs and a stick of butter.
- Press the dough into a circle on a 13″ round baking pan /pizza pan.
- Once the cookie base is baked and cooled, frost it with your favorite strawberry frosting.
- Just before serving, top the dessert pizza with slices of fresh strawberries and the zest of half of a lime.
- Slice and serve!
Something as simple as sliced berries and lime zest bring freshness and a homemade touch to a dessert made from a boxed cake mix and prepared frosting. Plus, it just looks so pretty. Hello gorgeous!
Like this Strawberry Dessert Pizza? Here are more of our favorite strawberry desserts!
- Pink Strawberry Fluff Salad
- Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Sundaes
- Strawberry Marshmallow Dip
Strawberry Dessert Pizza from a Cake Mix has a strawberry cookie crust that is spread with a generous amount of sweet strawberry frosting then topped with fresh sliced strawberries and a sprinkling of lime zest.
- One 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tub prepared strawberry frosting
- sliced strawberries
- zest of ½ a lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 13 inch round baking sheet / pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and softened butter until thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick and a bit sticky.
- Use a spatula or hands sprayed lightly with cooking spray to shape the dough into a 12 inch circle. This will leave a bit of room for the dough to spread while it bakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is baked through and lightly browned.
- Allow the cookie pizza base to cool.
- Spread the strawberry frosting on the cookie base, leaving about ½ inch at the edge of the cookie base unfrosted.
- Just before serving, top with sliced strawberries and lime zest.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- Since the fresh strawberries will release their juice a bit as this dessert sits, I recommend topping it with the strawberries just before serving. If you need to prepare this in advance or if this will be sitting prior to serving, top the frosted strawberry dessert pizza with the lime zest and serve the strawberries on the side so guests can top each slice of dessert pizza right before they eat it.
- While it looks like a pizza, a fork is the best way to enjoy a slice of this pie 🙂