Strawberry Dessert Pizza from a Cake Mix has a strawberry cookie crust that is spread with a generous amount of sweet strawberry frosting then topped with fresh sliced strawberries and a sprinkling of lime zest.
- One 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tub prepared strawberry frosting
- sliced strawberries
- zest of 1/2 a lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 13 inch round baking sheet / pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and softened butter until thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick and a bit sticky.
- Use a spatula or hands sprayed lightly with cooking spray to shape the dough into a 12 inch circle. This will leave a bit of room for the dough to spread while it bakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is baked through and lightly browned.
- Allow the cookie pizza base to cool.
- Spread the strawberry frosting on the cookie base, leaving about 1/2 inch at the edge of the cookie base unfrosted.
- Just before serving, top with sliced strawberries and lime zest.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- Since the fresh strawberries will release their juice a bit as this dessert sits, I recommend topping it with the strawberries just before serving. If you need to prepare this in advance or if this will be sitting prior to serving, top the frosted strawberry dessert pizza with the lime zest and serve the strawberries on the side so guests can top each slice of dessert pizza right before they eat it.
- While it looks like a pizza, a fork is the best way to enjoy a slice of this pie 🙂