This 4 ingredient Strawberry Fluff Salad (also called Pink Fluff) is a 5 minute, easy family favorite dessert recipe that's perfect for summer! Like our pistachio fluff, orange fluff, or cherry fluff, this easy no bake dessert is always the hit of the party!
Have you had Pink Fluff? Or maybe you call it Strawberry Fluff Salad?
This fluffy pink strawberry dessert salad is a twist on a classic dessert my mom used to serve. We called it fluff salad or monster salad, it's a great dump and go dessert.
The four basic ingredients are cottage cheese, a packet of flavored Jello gelatin, canned or fresh fruit and cool whip.
For this Pink Strawberry Fluff Salad, I used gorgeous fresh strawberries and they really add bites of tart, fresh fruit in the sweet creamy salad.
- whipped topping
- strawberry jell-o mix (this gives that beautiful pink color!)
- chopped fresh strawberries
- cottage cheese
Step by step
This is a classic 5 minute mix it and forget it recipe.
Simply combine the ingredients in a large bowl, fold together to mix, then refrigerate until you are ready to serve!
Variations & Add-Ins
Fluff recipes are easy to switch up ingredients and customize to your own taste. Here are a few suggestions:
- add crushed pineapple
- add mini marshmallows
- replace cottage cheese with vanilla pudding
- add finely chopped nuts like pecans
- replace strawberries with cherry pie filling
- top with maraschino cherries
- stir in shredded coconut
- use raspberry jello instead of strawberry jello
Since it is a no-bake dessert salad, you can easily make it a day before your event or dinner. Then, just give a stir and garnish each serving with a beautiful berry! I do not suggest making it more than one day in advance.
I do not recommend making this fluff with frozen berries as they can end up soggy and change the texture.
While I'm a huge fan of homemade whipped cream I do not recommend it for this recipe as the final texture isn't quite as "fluffy."
Yes! This recipe works great with low fat versions of either.
Yes, there are two variations on strawberry fluff floating around, the one below with a cottage cheese base, and another without cottage cheese using usually marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and vanilla pudding. I have not tried one I recommend yet but will update this post if I find a good one!
Ambrosia salad usually contains sweetened coconut, crushed pineapple, pecans, mandarin oranges, cool whip, and yogurt. Pink fluff is a more simple recipe that usually omits the nuts and uses only one fruit.
If you liked this Fluff Salad, here are a few more recipes that celebrate strawberries!
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This 4 ingredient Strawberry Fluff Salad is a 5 minute, easy dessert recipe that's perfect for summer!
- 24 oz. container cottage cheese
- 3.4 oz box strawberry gelatin
- 2-3 cups strawberries (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 8 oz. container refrigerated whipped topping (thawed)
- In a large bowl, stir together the cottage cheese and the packet of strawberry gelatin. Make sure to stir well to dissolve all of the gelatin powder.
- Stir in the strawberries. You can add more or less depending on your preference, but I love to load this dessert salad with lots of strawberries!
- Finally, fold the whipped topping into the fruit and cottage cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the Pink Strawberry Fluff Salad until serving and garnish with additional strawberries.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 23.5 g
- Sodium: 428 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
- Protein: 13.8 g
- Cholesterol: 13.9 mg
Keywords: strawberry fluff salad