So, now that Valentines’ Day has come and gone, are you gearing up for shamrocks, rainbows and wee little leprechauns?! It is the perfect time of year to have a little fun, perhaps play a little mischievous trick or two, wear green and chase down that pot of gold. Even if the elusive pot of gold ends up being a big bowl of minty green, light as air, leprechaun approved pistachio fluff!
This dessert was inspired by these soft, fluffy pistachio cupcakes I made a while back. Those cupcakes have the same great trio of flavors that this fluff has: pistachio, chocolate and coconut! It’s a pretty spectacular combination, I must say. But this is fluff, folks … no baking! No frosting! Just a big bowl and a spoon. Which is funny, because that is the only two things you’ll need to enjoy this, too!
- One small box of instant pistachio pudding
- One cup of cold milk
- One 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip (thawed)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: extra coconut and mini chips for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding and cold milk.
- Allow it to set up for about 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture gently.
- Stir together until just combined and then fold in coconut and mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Add additional mini chocolate chips and a sprinkle of coconut for garnish.
This Pistachio Fluff is so easy and it is a perfect make ahead dessert! Once you have mixed it up, spoon it into your serving bowl (or individual ramekins), pop it in the fridge and you can check one thing off of your entertaining check list!
This easy dessert is like a big pistachio cloud – light and fluffy! I love to mix in coconut and mini chocolate chips, but you could absolutely add some additional chopped pistachios, mini marshmallows or pineapple as a nod to the traditional Watergate salad, too!
Let the kiddos help with this one – they can absolutely stir this together, add the coconut and chocolate chips! And I’m pretty sure they won’t mind licking the spoon 🙂
More No-Bake Desserts
Our Pistachio Fluff may be shared here: