Cinnamon sugar pita chips are the base of these sweet Halloween dessert nachos! They get a drizzle of chocolate goo, a sprinkle of cookie graveyard dirt, globs of raspberry blood, creepy candy eyes and a dash of Halloween sprinkles! Zombie Halloween Dessert Nachos are perfect for your Halloween dinner or a The Walking Dead party!
It is almost Halloween! And now that my boys are too old to dress up and trick or treat, we normally do something fun for dinner and then sit in our driveway to hand out candy to the littles that stop by. In the past, I’ve made spooktacular pizza dinners (complete with honeydew bats and alien egg cookies), whipped up a batch of Vampire Floats and made Scary Berry Parfaits for dessert. But this year? I’m channeling my inner zombie for a plate of these fun Halloween Dessert Nachos … ZOMBIE NACHOS!!
Zombie Nachos ~ Halloween Dessert Nachos
Cam and I are hooked on The Walking Dead, so I immediately thought of zombies (or Walkers for my fellow TWD fans) when I added those gobs of raspberry ‘blood’, graveyard ‘dirt’ and random candy eyes. But you can call them monster nachos or just Halloween dessert nachos, too. Whatever you decide to call them, just decide to make them because this sweet treat will score big with your guys and ghouls!
- First, spread cinnamon sugar pita chips on a baking sheet or serving tray.
- Drizzle with warm hot fudge. Call this ‘goo’or ‘gak’ or something equally as gross.
- Sprinkle on your crushed cookie ‘graveyard dirt’.
- Spoon on globs of raspberry pie filling. It is the perfect color and consistency for blood!
- Add a few candy eyes (or gummy eyeballs, gummy bones, gummy brains or gummy worms …).
- And finish off the whole tray of delicious Halloween dessert nachos with a sprinkling of Halloween sprinkles.
I know these should be ghastly and gory, but I really think the little eyeballs peering out from globs of raspberry blood and ooey gooey chocolatey gak are kinda cute! And downright delicious, let me tell you!
EYE can assure you that kids and grown-ups alike will gobble up this tray of sweet layered goodness! 😉
More Halloween Sweets & Treats:Print
These sweet Zombie Nachos (or Halloween dessert nachos) are perfect for Halloween or a The Walking Dead Party with layers of goo, blood, candy eyes & more!
- Two 17 ⅓ oz. bags of cinnamon sugar pita chips
- Hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup of mini Oreo cookies (crushed into coarse crumbs)
- Raspberry pie filling
- Candy eyes (gummy eyeballs, gummy brains, gummy worms …)
- Halloween sprinkles
- Spread the cinnamon sugar pita chips on a baking sheet or serving tray.
- Microwave the hot fudge according to package directions and drizzle over chips.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over chips.
- Spoon ‘globs’ of raspberry pie filling over the tray of chips.
- Add candy eyes and/or gummy candy.
- Finally, add Halloween sprinkles and serve.
– Serve with additional raspberry pie filling – it is SO good to dip the chips into!
– These Zombie Nachos (or Halloween dessert nachos) are best served immediately after drizzled, globbed and sprinkled so the chips stay crispy.
– Feel free to use cherry or strawberry pie filling if your family prefers a different flavor.
Keywords: halloween dessert nachos