Loaded with oats, almonds, coconut, warm apple pie spice and crunchy apple chips, this homemade Apple Crisp Granola is a delicious, healthy Fall treat!
I love granola.
No, I really LOVE granola.
The mash up of earthy oats, nuts that toast to the golden brown, coconut shreds with browned crispy edges, sweet maple syrup is pretty much perfection. Then add a healthy sprinkle of apple pie spice and crunchy apple chips and you get a granola that tastes like the topping of a big bubbling pan of apple crisp. Oh glorious granola!
Homemade Apple Crisp Granola
Granola is one of those recipes that is fabulously forgiving. Don’t have maple syrup? Honey will work. Use whatever nuts you have in your pantry. Add flax seeds. Leave out the coconut. Pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, a blend of gingerbread spices or just classic cinnamon … spice it up in whatever way you would like.
The key is to stir it as it bakes and watch it at the end to ensure it doesn’t toast too far and get slightly burnt.
But other than that, homemade granola – better yet, homemade Apple Crisp Granola – is easy, delicious and free from preservatives/additives.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sweetened coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons apple pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- One 2.5 oz. bag apple chips (broken into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix oats, almonds and coconut.
- If your coconut oil is solid, microwave it until it is liquefied.
- Drizzle oat and nut mixture with coconut oil and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ teaspoon of the apple pie spice over the oat mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 ½ teaspoon of apple pie spice and pinch of salt over the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spread granola in an even layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes – stir granola, spread it back out and rotate pan half way through baking.
- Allow granola to cool.
- Stir in apple chip pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Once cooled, add in crispety crunchety apple chips … those little bursts of apple flavor really amp up the apple crisp flavor! I guess you could call this apple pie granola, but it really reminded me of that golden brown oat topping from my mom’s classic apple crisp. So … Apple Crisp Granola it is!
This would make a delicious Fall hostess or teacher gift. Just fill mason jars or hinged lid jars with the totally cooled Apple Crisp Granola, and add a simple tag and twine.
Here is a quick list of what I used to make these giftable jars of granola:
- 8 oz. Quilted Jelly Jars or these beauties with the swirly design or these canning jars with the hinged lids
- Small decorative tags (Here are a few options: scalloped circle tags, kraft rectangle tags, curved tags)
- Red twine
(This supply list contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase after clicking through, Shaken Together may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping to support this site!)
Who wouldn’t want to crack open this jar and get a big waft of all those warm apple pie spices?!
Have you ever made homemade granola? It is delicious with milk for breakfast, over ice cream, stirred into yogurt, used to garnish a store bought cheesecake or just as a snack!
More Homemade Granola Recipes!
Banana Bread Granola – The Casual Crathlete for Crafting Chicks