Desserts don’t get any easier (or more festive!) than our Funfetti Cookie Bars from a Cake Mix! Baked in a cake pan and drizzled with frosting and sprinkles, this simple funfetti cookie dessert is perfect for any celebration!
I love easy Funfetti cake mix recipes, and today’s cookie bars are one of my favorites! Using Funfetti cake mix as the base of these bars makes them super easy and fast to make, and the faster I can enjoy these the better!
Have you ever made cookies from a cake mix? I think it is must-make dessert, especially since I normally have a few cake mixes tucked in my pantry. I’ve made cookies, cookie cups and cookie bars from a cake mix! Once you add a few basic staple ingredients, the possibilities are pretty much endless:
- Key Lime Cookie Bars
- Red Velvet Cookie Bars
- Strawberry White Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Bars
And now FUNFETTI!!
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars
The funfetti cake mix batter is pressed into a foil lined pan. (The foil makes it easy to remove the cookie bars and cut them.)
The cake mix cookie batter is baked until lightly browned and allowed to cool.
These cookie bars wouldn’t be complete without a drizzle of frosting … and SPRINKLES!!
All the pretty, pretty sprinkles!!
I cut the Funfetti Cookies Bars into 15 generous squares, but you can make them bite sized squares or even cut them into shapes with cookie cutters … fun, right?!
My favorites for this recipe (affiliate links)
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
These easier than easy Funfetti Cookies Bars start with a cake mix cookie dough and get a generous drizzle of frosting and SPRINKLES!
- 1 15.25 oz Funfetti cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tub prepared vanilla frosting
- Funfetti & star sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 baking/cake pan with foil (allow the edge of the foil to extend past the ends of the pan to create ‘handles’ that make removal of the cookie bars easy) and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs and oil until thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick.
- Press the batter evenly in the lined 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cookie bars are baked through and lightly browned.
- Allow cookie bars to cool and then use the foil ‘handles’ to gently lift the bars onto a flat surface like a large cutting board or baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the tub of frosting into a microwave safe measuring cup with pouring spout and heat for about 20 seconds until frosting is liquefied.
- Stir frosting then drizzle it over the cooled cookie bars and immediately sprinkle with the Funfetti and star sprinkles. If you prefer the cookies bars totally covered in frosting glaze, heat more frosting and pour it over the entire surface before adding sprinkles.
- Allow frosting to cool and harden, then use a sharp knife to cut bars into desired size/shape.
Keywords: funfetti cake mix cookie bars