With just 3 ingredients and the option to make them on the stovetop or in a slow cooker, these Orange BBQ Little Smokies are a deliciously easy appetizer for the holidays, New Year’s Eve or the big game!!
There are certain food items that I just cannot keep in stock at our house:
- any slow cooker meatball recipe
- any recipe with little smokies (cocktail wienies, mini smoked sausages … whatever you call them in your neck of the woods) like these tangy little smokies or these Hawaiian little smokies
So, you better believe that this 3 ingredient recipe for these Orange BBQ Little Smokies were gone in no time flat!
Orange BBQ Little Smokies
Like the best recipes for saucy, snackable appetizers … this recipe combines a sweet component and a spicy/smoky/savor component.
- Orange marmalade provides that sweet, sticky citrus glaze.
- BBQ sauce (we used a classic non-sweet BBQ sauce) adds a smoky, savory kick.
When heated together, the sauce is the perfect consistency that sticks to the little smokies and keeps them from drying out. Just look at the glazed perfection!
I love that the orange marmalade has those bits of orange zest to add a little texture and remind you that orange is a key flavor in this recipe. And it just looks so pretty. You know … if little smokies can be pretty.
The best part about this recipe for Orange BBQ Little Smokies is that you can make them quickly in a saucepan on the stovetop or you can simmer them low and slow in your slow cooker.
More easy appetizers for entertaining:
- Tangy Crockpot Little Smokies
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Crock Pot Queso
- Sheet Pan Chili Cheese Tater Tots
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
With just 3 ingredients and the option to make them on the stove top or in a slow cooker, these Orange BBQ Little Smokies are a deliciously easy appetizer for the holidays, New Years Eve or the big game!!
- 2 packages little smokies (smoked sausage cocktail wienies)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together little smokies, orange marmalade and BBQ sauce.
- Let simmer over medium heat until the orange marmalade and BBQ are completely combined and little smokies are heated through.
- Spoon into serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker but I would recommend doubling (or even tripling) the recipe. To make in a slow cooker, combine all ingredients in slow cooker and heat on low for 3-4 hours until orange marmalade and BBQ sauce are completely combined. Turn to warm setting for serving.
Keywords: little smokies, lil smokies, BBQ little smokies
This recipe was originally shared December 2017 and updated with additional photos and information December 2019.