With just 3 ingredients and the option to make them on the stovetop or in a slow cooker, these Orange BBQ Little Smokies are a deliciously easy appetizer for the holidays, New Year's Eve or the big game!!
There are certain food items that I just cannot keep in stock at our house:
- any slow cooker meatball recipe
- any recipe with little smokies (cocktail wienies, mini smoked sausages ... whatever you call them in your neck of the woods) like these tangy little smokies or these Hawaiian little smokies
So, you better believe that this 3 ingredient recipe for these Orange BBQ Little Smokies were gone in no time flat!
Orange BBQ Little Smokies
Like the best recipes for saucy, snackable appetizers ... this recipe combines a sweet component and a spicy/smoky/savor component.
- Orange marmalade provides that sweet, sticky citrus glaze.
- BBQ sauce (we used a classic non-sweet BBQ sauce) adds a smoky, savory kick.
When heated together, the sauce is the perfect consistency that sticks to the little smokies and keeps them from drying out. Just look at the glazed perfection!
I love that the orange marmalade has those bits of orange zest to add a little texture and remind you that orange is a key flavor in this recipe. And it just looks so pretty. You know ... if little smokies can be pretty.
The best part about this recipe for Orange BBQ Little Smokies is that you can make them quickly in a saucepan on the stovetop or you can simmer them low and slow in your slow cooker.
More easy appetizers for entertaining:
- Tangy Crockpot Little Smokies
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Crock Pot Queso
- Sheet Pan Chili Cheese Tater Tots
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
With just 3 ingredients and the option to make them on the stove top or in a slow cooker, these Orange BBQ Little Smokies are a deliciously easy appetizer for the holidays, New Years Eve or the big game!!
- 2 packages little smokies (smoked sausage cocktail wienies)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together little smokies, orange marmalade and BBQ sauce.
- Let simmer over medium heat until the orange marmalade and BBQ are completely combined and little smokies are heated through.
- Spoon into serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker but I would recommend doubling (or even tripling) the recipe. To make in a slow cooker, combine all ingredients in slow cooker and heat on low for 3-4 hours until orange marmalade and BBQ sauce are completely combined. Turn to warm setting for serving.
Keywords: little smokies, lil smokies, BBQ little smokies
This recipe was originally shared December 2017 and updated with additional photos and information December 2019.