It is easier than you think to make your own homemade Coconut Pudding from scratch! With just a few basic ingredients and less than 20 minutes of cook time, you’ll never go back to store-bought pudding again!
Have you ever made pudding from scratch? It is so much easier than most people think and tastes so good you’ll never go back to store-bought! This recipe for Homemade Coconut Pudding is one of my favorite simple desserts, I can’t wait for you to try it!
Homemade Coconut Pudding Ingredients
- vanilla extract
- coconut extract
See? Nothing crazy in that ingredient list, so why not try it out?
How to Make Coconut Pudding from Scratch
This recipe is very simple and fast.
Simply bring the milk, sugar, cornstarch, and eggs to a boil on the stovetop, whisking until it is thick and bubbly. Then remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Cover the pudding with plastic wrap (to prevent a film from forming on the top) and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Too easy, right?
Tips for Making Coconut Pudding
- Alter the flavor to your own tastes by adjusting the amount of vanilla and coconut extracts in this recipe.
- Don’t forget to cover the pudding with plastic wrap before refrigerating, omitting this step will cause the pudding to form a filmy layer over the top (not the most appealing!)
- Serve on it’s own or topped with whipped cream and toasted shredded coconut, it’s delicious either way!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, please comment and rate it below if you give it a try, I love hearing from you!Print
It is easier than you think to make your own homemade Coconut Pudding from scratch! With just a few basic ingredients and less than 30 minutes, you’ll never go back to store-bought pudding again!
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- whipped cream, if desired
Mix together milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, egg and egg yolk in a medium saucepan.
Heat over medium to medium-high heat while continuously whisk until thick and bubbly.
Remove from heat. Add butter, coconut extract and vanilla extract and stir continuously until butter is completely melted and mixture is combined.
Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool in the refrigerator at least one hour.
Serve with toasted coconut and whipped cream if desired.
Keywords: coconut pudding