Crock Pot Queso Dip is a 5 ingredient recipe perfect for serving a crowd. Made with Velveeta cheese, Rotel, seasoned beef and sausage for a spicy dip everyone will love!
Football season is upon us which means it's time for football food!
While I know there are probably a gagillion slow cooker cheese dip recipes on the internet, I'm here to tell you that this, my friends, is the absolute best Velveeta queso you're ever going to taste!
Why I love this recipe
- only 5 ingredients
- can be prepped in the slow cooker in as little as an hour
- this dip is seriously packed with flavor
This queso dip takes it to the next level of comfort food because we're packing it with tons of taste!
- ground beef
- Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- cream of mushroom soup
- Velveeta cheese
- Cut the Velveeta into one inch cubes.
- Add cheese, soup, and Rotel to the slow cooker and heat.
- Meanwhile brown and drain both the sausage and ground beef in a large skillet.
- Once cheese is melted stir in meat and serve!
How long does it take to heat up queso in a crock pot?
You can make this Crock Post Queso in as little as an hour set to high or set to low if you want a longer cook time.
The meat can also be browned ahead of time and thrown in when you are ready.
To keep your cheese dip from burning, set the crockpot to the warm setting to keep it perfectly melty without overcooking it!
You can also top it with some chopped fresh cilantro or onion for extra flavor.
Adjusting the spice
If you really like your queso with a kick, you can use the spicy breakfast sausage or chorizo and the hot Rotel. Garnish it with fresh jalapenos or even add them to the crock pot.
I am a big fat baby, so we go mild all the way. Whether you spice it up or not, just make it!
Store leftover cheese dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave, heating in 30 second intervals and stirring in between until heated through. I don't recommend reheating it in the slow cooker as it could linger at unsafe temperatures for too long during the heating process when heating from cold.
In a pinch you could substitute salsa for Rotel but it will affect the final flavor depending on what level spice and consistency salsa you use.
The standard of course is to serve this spicy queso with tortilla chips (I suggest at least two bags for one crock pot of cheese dip.)
If you are going low carb you could also use zucchini chips or serve with chopped veggies. There are certain tween boys in my house that have been known to just grab a spoon to scarf it down as well!
This dip would also be great on top of tacos, baked potatoes, or even fries!
Oh! and if you're serving a crowd, why not pair it with my nonalcoholic Margarita punch?
- Crock Pot Apple Jelly Meatballs
- Tangy Crock Pot Lil Smokies
- Shrimp Nachos with Creamy Garlic Cheese Sauce
- Calico Beans - The Best Baked Beans Recipe
If you like this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Once you try this amazing Crock Pot Cheese Dip recipe you will never make another. This Slow Cooker Queso has both ground beef and sausage and is always the kit of every party!
- 32 oz. block of Velveeta
- 1 lb of ground beef (browned and drained)
- 1 lb of pork breakfast sausage (browned and drained)
- 2 cans of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- Cut the Velveeta up in chunks.
- Place Velveeta, both cans of Rotel and cream of mushroom soup in your crock pot set to low.
- Once the cheese is melted (between 1-2 hours) stir in the cooked sausage and ground beef.
- Stir occasionally and serve with tortilla chips!
Store in an airtight container up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between until heated through.
Keywords: crock pot queso
This recipe was originally shared in 2015 and updated with new pictures and additional information in August 2019.