The 4th of July is quickly approaching and I knew that a seasonal, patriotic dessert was most definitely in order! When I thought about picnics and get togethers and BBQs, I decided that whatever sweet treat I made would need to be bite-sized, easy to transport, delicious and of course, red, white and blue! I immediately thought cookie cups and cake mix cookies (two of my favorite things!) and came up with these red, white & blue cookie cups!!
What I love about cake mix cookie cups is that I generally have all the ingredients on hand (what, you don’t have six varieties of cake mix on hand at all times?!) and each cake mix yields anywhere from 36 -40 cookie cups! These are pretty much a go-to party dessert in our house! And these pint-sized patriotic treats start with a red velvet cake mix, get filled with a no-bake cheesecake filling and topped with a plump, ripe blueberry (or sprinkles!) – YUM!Print
Red – Red Velvet Cookie Cups
- One red velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or 1 stick (1/2 cup melted butter)
- 2 eggs
White – Creamy No Bake Cheesecake
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz. Cool Whip (thawed)
Blue – Topping/Garnish
- Ripe blueberries
- Seasonal Sprinkles
- Paper Flags
Red Velvet Cookies Cups:
- Mix together cake mix, oil/butter and eggs.
- Place a 1 inch ball in each cup of a mini cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350* for about 11 – 13 minutes (baking times may vary)
- Allow to cool for a minute or so and then use a tart press or the back of a measuring spoon to press in the center of each cookie, creating the cookie cup.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip until incorporated. Place in a piping bag and fill each cookie cup.
- Top each filled cookie cup with a ripe blueberry or seasonal sprinkles and garnish with a paper flag.
Aren’t they fun? Pretty much the perfect two bites with a rich chocolate-y cookie, smooth creamy cheesecake and the tart tang from a blueberry! They definitely add a festive touch to any patriotic party!
How about a few more spirited, patriotic desserts? Enjoy these from shaken together + friends!
Patriotic Mini Fruit Pizzas from Shaken Together
Patriotic Jello Pudding Pops from No. 2 Pencil
Independence Day Cookie Pops from A Step in the Journey
Patriotic Thumbprint Cookies from On Sutton Place