Last week, I came clean about something on my Facebook page. Yep, I started Weight Watchers and Operation Summer Slimdown has officially begun!! And if the response to that post was any indication, there are lots of us who are looking for recipes that taste delicious but that will help us maintain a healthier lifestyle! So, in addition to fun recipes like double chocolate cake and key lime pie cookie cups, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite drinks, desserts, meals and snacks that are helping me stay on track. Like skinny root beer floats … with only 1 Weight Watcher point, they are a fun, frosty summer treat that everyone will love!
Don’t they look good? With that deep dark fizzy layer from root beer (diet, that is!) and a fluffy frothy layer on top, they are just begging you to take a sip from a striped straw! So, what is the low-calorie secret to these skinny root beer floats? Lay your eyes on these sweet little swirls:
That’s right! FROZEN scoops of Cool Whip Lite!! With only 1 Weight Watchers point for 4 creamy tablespoons, this is the waist line friendly addition to make any diet soda, a delectable float! I guess, technically, you don’t have to scoop your Cool Whip but the little scoops remind me of ice cream for that classic float feel!Print
Skinny Root Beer Floats satisfy your sweet tooth without just a few caolries!
- 8 oz. diet root beer
- 4 tablespoons of frozen Cool Whip Lite
Frozen Cool Whip
- Thaw a tub of Cool Whip Lite in the refrigerator according to instructions on package.
- Line a small tray (that will fit in your freezer) with parchment or waxed paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop (mine is from Pampered Chef), place tablespoon dollops of Cool Whip Lite on the tray.
- Place in freezer until Cool Whip Lite has re-frozen and can be handled.
Skinny Root Beer Floats
- In a tall glass, pour 8 ounces of cold diet root beer and let the fizz subside.
- Place four frozen Cool Whip Lite dollops in glass.
Each skinny root beer float as prepared above is 1 WW point. So enjoy this skinny summer treat!
Keywords: skinny root beer float
These skinny root beer floats are really easy to prep ahead of time so you don’t blow your healthy eating plan- just scoop and freeze your Cool Whip and chill your favorite diet soda! Imagine the skinny possibilities: skinny diet Coke floats, creamsicle floats with diet orange soda and dreamy diet cream soda floats – YUM!! But for now, I’ll leave you with the classic skinny root beer float … enjoy!
Need a few more drinks to help you stay cool this summer?