Stuffed with two kinds of cheese and your favorite pizza toppings, these Pizza Stuffed Waffles (that start with refrigerated biscuits!) make dinner quick, easy and delicious!
My love of pizza is pretty well established around here. Thin Crust Bagel Pizzas. Sloppy Joe Muffin Pizzas. Chocolate Cherry Dessert Pizza. Even cookies that look just like pizza! So it was only a matter of time before I took my favorite food and stuffed it in my waffle maker. In just 10 minutes, these crispy, cheesy stuffed pizza waffles were born and dinner will never be the same!
You’ll need just 4 ingredients to make these pizza stuffed waffles:
- Refrigerated biscuits – the big ones with layers
- Grated Parmesan cheese – from the can in your fridge
- Sliced fresh mozzarella – I tested these with shredded mozzarella first but I just couldn’t stuff in enough cheese for it to be ooey and gooey. The slices of fresh mozzarella really bring the ooey gooey goodness that I associate with pizza.
- Mini pepperoni slices – you can substitute your favorite pizza toppings (crumbled sausage, sauteed veggies/mushrooms, crumbled bacon, diced ham and drained crushed pineapple …)
If you want to, you can also heat jarred pizza sauce or marinara sauce to dip these pizza waffles in. I highly recommend it 🙂
Step by step
Okay, let’s commence and make Pizza Stuffed Waffles!! Once the biscuits are cut open, sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese, add a slab of fresh mozzarella and pile on the toppings.
Then, using your hands or a fork, you’ll need to seal the edges of each pizza stuffed biscuit so the toppings stay inside (for the most part) once placed in the waffle maker.
Then, pop the biscuits in your waffle maker and let the waffle maker do its magic. Each waffle maker is different, but my pizza stuffed waffles were done in just 3 or 4 minutes. I waffled two batches of 4 stuffed biscuits in less than 10 minutes!
Now, don’t be fooled by their basic waffle appearance.
Because once you break open a warm toasty pizza waffle … Just look at that cheese pull! Ooey gooey, stretchy stringy, marvelously melty cheese!!
Yep, these were a hit! We’ve made them at least three times. You can keep the ingredients on hand in your pantry and fridge to make these Pizza Stuffed Waffles. Since they hit the table in about 10 minutes, they are easy to make before practice or when you need to work on that last minute science fair project 😉
You might also like these Waffle Cinnamon Buns!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Stuffed with two kinds of cheese and your favorite pizza toppings, these Pizza Stuffed Waffles hit the table in just about 10 minutes!
- One 8-count can of refrigerated biscuits
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Pizza or marinara sauce (optional for dipping)
- Spray the waffle plates with non-stick cooking spray (if necessary) and preheat waffle maker according to manufacturer instructions.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut each biscuit horizontally nearly in half. Lay the biscuit open on the sheet tray.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on the bottom half of the biscuit.
- Add a slab of fresh mozzarella to the center of the bottom half of the biscuit.
- Add toppings: mini pepperoni, crumbled bacon or sausage, sauteed veggies or mushrooms, diced ham and drained crushed pineapple or just add more cheese!
- Using your hands or a fork, fold the top of the biscuit over the toppings on the bottom half of the biscuit and seal the edges.
- Place each stuffed biscuit in the center of each waffle plate and close waffle maker.
- Cook until the waffle is golden brown (there should be no unbaked biscuit dough).
- Serve with warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutritional information is an estimate for cheese pizza stuffed waffles, toppings will alter the final nutritional count.
Keywords: pizza waffles
I would love it if you would add these Pizza Stuffed Waffles to your pizza, easy dinner or game day snacks Pinterest board!