Calling all citrus lovers! Tangy key lime pie filling, lemon cake mix and chopped pecans are drizzled with melted butter and baked to golden perfection in this easy, 5-ingredient dessert! Summer calls for Lemon Lime Dump Cake!
I did it.
I broke my own “no bake desserts only” rule of Summer for this baby.
Creamy key lime filling topped with a buttery lemon-y cake layer studded with browned pecans, best served warm but delicious even if it’s room temperature or chilled right out of the fridge.
Lemon Lime Dump Cake
Have you heard of dump cake before? You basically just dump the ingredients in a baking dish and bake it. So this may not be a no bake dessert, but it is pretty much no effort … that counts, right? 🙂
This classic Cherry Pineapple dump cake has been a potluck go to and get-together must have in our family for years. You will get requests for the recipe at every.single.party. Scout’s honor.
Ready to see how easy this is?
Just spread the pie filling in your baking dish. I added the zest of a lime just to add a little fresh flavor.
Then, dump on a lemon cake mix and spread it out over the pie filling.
Now? Drizzle melted butter. I don’t hate this step 😉
Finally, add a healthy sprinkle of chopped pecans to add some crunch and pop this in the oven! Nuts are optional, but I like the buttery toasted flavor they add. If you don’t like pecans, you can add almonds or walnuts.
Bake until the cake is cooked through (no liquid batter should remain) and some of the filling is bubbling through.
I like to serve it with a thin wedge of lemon or lime for a big fresh hit of citrus flavor … this tastes as good as it looks!
- One 16.5 oz. lemon supreme cake mix
- Two 22 oz. cans Key Lime Creme pie filling
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Zest of one lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a spatula to spread the pie filling in an even layer in the bottom of the dish.
- Zest one lime over the pie filling.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pie filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle pecans over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden brown and there is no dry cake mix remaining.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
When you break through that buttery lemon cake layer into the creamy, dreamy key lime filling, it is the perfect bite of lemon + lime! A scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream would not be a bad idea, either!
Love Citrus? Then feast your eyes on these citrus desserts!