Sweet and chewy, with bits of coconut and lemon zest, these Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies are quite possibly the most perfect cookie for Spring! I am sharing this cookie recipe with you as part of a sponsored partnership with Reynolds® Kitchens and Socialstars. But ya’ll are going to LOVE them. Pinky promise. #ReynoldsCrowd
I have done you, my fair readers, a disservice. I’ll own up to it.
But I am making it all right today.
This cookie recipe? Is a ROCK. STAR. One bowl. No rolling out dough. No cookie cutters. You don’t even have to chill the dough. Just stir, scoop and bake!
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Tangy bits of lemon zest. Sweet and chewy coconut. In the absolute perfect sugar cookie base.
Okay, enough talk. Let’s get down to business.
They are oven safe to 420 degrees F, they fit my baking sheets perfectly without rolling up (so annoying!) and cookies slide off like butta.
Okay, so on to the dough. There are two ingredients in this dough that I haven’t used in many cookie recipes: cream of tartar and powdered sugar.
quick Google search research, the cream of tartar is a stabilizer and acts like a leavening agent. Powdered sugar adds some tenderness and since it has a little cornstarch added to it, it helps the cookies from spreading too much. There. Now you know 🙂
So, once the dough is mixed together, use a cookie scoop (mine holds about 2 tablespoons of dough) to portion out the cookies. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, use two spoons to scoop the dough and slide it onto the cookie baking sheets.
These cookies spread a little as they bake. So, to give the cookies enough room to bake, I scooped 11 cookies onto each cookie sheet leaving a few inches between them.
I can’t tell you how good these smell when they are baking! My husband (infamous for his lack of a sweet tooth) even commented when he came in the front door about how good the house smelled. And they taste even better!
Just look at these beauties … golden brown around the edges, still light in color, coconut and lemon zest baked inside. Like most sugar cookies, these Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies are amazing eaten warm right from the oven, but even better if you let the flavors meld together for a day or so.
Just look at that soft, chewy center!
These cookies were a hit – they just taste like Springtime! The folks at the ball park loved them. My coworkers (even the one who doesn’t like coconut) chowed down. The boys – true cookie snobs – gobbled them up.Print
- 1 cup 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup shredded (sweetened coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheets with Reynolds® Cookie Baking Sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, oil and both sugars.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in both extracts.
- Add the baking soda and cream of tartar and mix.
- Add the flour one cup at a time, mixing between additions.
- Stir in coconut and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons) onto prepared pans – leave several inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden and the cookies are still fairly light in color.
- Store cooled cookies in an air tight container.
They have a great melt in your mouth texture and they are even a little crumbly around the edges. SO MUCH YUM! And perfect for a Spring party, Easter dessert or Mother’s Day brunch!
Grab the milk … more cookie recipes ahead!
Two Bite Brownie Cookies (From a Brownie Mix!!)
The Easiest Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Our Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies may be shared here: