Butterscotch lovers, this easy no bake treat is for you – Chewy Butterscotch Chex Clusters! Crunchy corn cereal is coated in a smooth, ultra butterscotch-y coating and then broken apart into munchable bite sized pieces!
I’m not sure if you noticed, but it’s been a quiet week around here. I recently had a post featured on MSN and Delish (my Sheet Pan Eggs if you’re curious) and it brought lots – LOTS – of people here! Which is great – yay! I love people! But boo … my web hosting wasn’t quite ready for all those people. So, Shaken Together was down on and off for days before I finally had to plunk down some cash and move to a bigger, bright shiny new server. Let me tell you, I would much rather spend money on baking supplies and blog props than web hosting, but such is the life of the blogger. And I love you! So, while I count my new gray hairs, bring on the BUTTERSCOTCH!
Chewy Butterscotch Chex Clusters
This dessert – snack? – treat? – is made with one pot and a sheet pan. After the last few days I had, I need easy. If you can stir and spread, then you can make a big ol’ pan of these Chewy Butterscotch Chex Clusters! Easy it is!
I really love the combination of slightly salty corn Chex cereal + the delightfully sweet butterscotch coating. Now, don’t expect this to be crunchy like Chex mix (or Nothing but Chex Mix if you’re a fan like me) … these have a little ‘give’and chew thanks to that warm drench in butterscotch the cereal got. I just love that warm brown sugar, butter flavor that is the base of butterscotch.
Look closely and you can see that glorious butterscotch coating that has settled in to all of the nooks and crannies of the cereal …
This is a great road trip snack. It is perfect to pack on a picnic. Or tuck in a lunch box. Or to nibble on while you celebrate seeing your blog back up and running! Oh. Maybe that is just me 😉
So, yay! I’m back and I brought Chewy Butterscotch Chex Clusters!Print
- 3/4 cup butter (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- One 3.4 oz box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Corn Chex cereal
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter, sugars and milk.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the pudding mix and vanilla extract.
- Continue whisking for about two minutes until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Stir in cereal, mixing to coat all cereal pieces as quickly as possible.
- Pour cereal mixture on baking sheet and spread into a thin even layer.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Break apart the cereal mixture into clusters and enjoy!
You could get really creative and add a delicious mix to the warm coasted cereal:
- salted mixed nuts
- pretzel pieces
- mini marshmallows
- slivered/sliced almonds
- toasted coconut
- white chocolate chips
Friends … I am glad to be back! Glad for every click, every comment, every pin, every share … and most of all, every one of you. Thanks. For making Shaken Together one of my favorite places to be.
More Yummy Butterscotch Desserts!
Butterscotch Caramel Cashew Cookie Bars
Apple Butterscotch Snack Cake – Tastes of Lizzy T’s