- 1 cup 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup shredded (sweetened coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheets with Reynolds® Cookie Baking Sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, oil and both sugars.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in both extracts.
- Add the baking soda and cream of tartar and mix.
- Add the flour one cup at a time, mixing between additions.
- Stir in coconut and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons) onto prepared pans – leave several inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden and the cookies are still fairly light in color.
- Store cooled cookies in an air tight container.