Take the stress out of holiday gift giving with our 4 easy ways to wrap candles for gifts! I've come up with 4 simple ways to gift my favorite American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles as part of a compensated partnership with Collective Bias and their advertiser. #LoveAmericanHome #cbias
My aunt is the ultimate last minute gift giver. (Yep, the same aunt who has the rock star meatballs and sloppy joes to feed a crowd ... I hit the jack pot in the aunt department for sure!) Anyway, she has this glorious closet of fun little goodies that she picks up throughout the year so she always has a gift on hand for every hostess, every shower, every party and event. I have started to do something similar and decided that candles are a great way to stock my gift giving arsenal! Since a plain ol' gift bag won't cut it, I came up with 4 easy and impressive ways to gift candles!
4 Easy Ways to Wrap Candles for Gifts!
Since I need to keep a supply of deliciously fragranced but affordably priced candles on hand, during my last trip to Walmart, I picked several varieties from the American Home ™ by Yankee Candle® collection.
I have been a Yankee Candle® fan since my mom first lit her first Buttercream Frosting candle years ago. The fragrances are so true to life - I love that my home smells like I'm baking when in reality I'm just sitting and binge watching the DVR 😉 Lemon Cupcake and Apple Cinnamon Cider, I'm talking about you! And now, I can purchase the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® collection at my local Walmart, so no more driving to home decor or specialty stores to buy my favorite fragrances!!
With a few basic supplies from my craft stash (you can also hit the craft section at Walmart), I came up with 4 easy ways to wrap my beloved candles for gifts!
(The colors and elements in these photos lean toward the winter holidays, but you can switch up the colors, patterns and embellishments to fit any holiday or occasion.)
Merry & Bright Doily Wrapped Candle
- Small Tumbler Candle - I used Spiced Apple Berries American Home™ by Yankee Candle®
- One 10 inch red paper doily
- One kraft paper tag
- Alphabet stamps + black ink pad
- Red + white bakers twine
- Center the candle on a 10 inch paper doily.
- Gather the doily around the candle.
- Wrap bakers twine around the doily 4-5 times to secure it around the candle and tie a small knot to keep the twine on.
- Stamp a small kraft paper tag (or a scrap of kraft paper) with "Merry & Bright" and tie it around the candle.
Fabric Wrapped Candle
- Medium Jar Candle - I used Homemade Pumpkin Pie American Home™ by Yankee Candle®
- One fabric fat quarter (patterned fabric)
- One holiday foliage pick
- Center the candle on the fabric fat quarter.
- Gather the fabric around the candle.
- Tie a length of twine at the top of the candle to secure the gathered fabric.
- Tuck a holiday foliage pick into the twine.
Greenery Wreath Candle
- Large Jar Candle - I used Buttercream Frosting American Home ™ by Yankee Candle®
- One candle plate (ceramic or metal)
- Wired greenery or garland
- One glittery poinsettia pick
- Center the candle on the candle plate. (You can use a small metal decorative candle plate or a small pretty salad plate.)
- Wrap several lengths of the wired greenery or garland around the candle.
- Snip several of the gold leaves from the poinsettia and glue/secure them in the greenery.
Paper Bag + Felt Ornament Candle
- Small Tumbler Candle - I used Fresh Apple American Home™ by Yankee Candle®
- One white paper lunch bag
- One felt ornament (tree, snowflake, etc.)
- One mini clothespin
- Place candle inside paper lunch bag.
- Fold the top of the bag over and crease it.
- Use the mini clothespin to secure a felt ornament to the folded top of the bag.
See? No stress holiday gifts that are perfect for hostesses, teachers, co-workers, neighbors and gift exchanges. The small tumbler candles make affordable wedding and party favors, too!
Please follow instructions to the letter and consider the following safety guidelines when burning candles:
- Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, keep it out of drafts and NEVER leave it unattended while lit.
- Please make sure the candle wicks are cut ⅛ of an inch to ensure the flame isn’t too large.
- Each time you burn your candle, allow the entire top layer to become a fragrant pool of liquid wax and you’ll get the biggest, boldest fragrance possible.
- When only ½" of the wax remains, it’s time to let your candle go.
Don't forget to pin these 4 easy ways to wrap candles for gifts!!