Cherry Berry Patriotic Pudding Pies are the easiest patriotic no bake dessert ever! Tart cherry and sweet blueberry pie filling is swirled through creamy vanilla almond pudding, topped with whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles … perfect for Memorial Day and July 4th!
Raise your hand if you love easy desserts! Raise your other hand if you love no-bake desserts! As you can see, this easy no bake dessert is a serious TOUCHDOWN! Clearly I have spent plenty of time cheering Cam on from the sidelines 😉
But seriously, if you need a simple dessert for Memorial Day or the 4th of July, these mini pies are practically patriotically perfect!
Cherry Berry Patriotic Pudding Pies
Now, these pies start with mini graham cracker crusts. They are seriously my BFFs for no bake desserts. See my eggnog pudding pies, summer raspberry no bake pies, mini raspberry lemonade pies and these yummy yogurt based caramel apple pies.
Individual pies are so much easier to serve (no slicing, no scooping, no plates) and who doesn’t love their own mini dessert?
Now, since this is a quick and easy dessert, I used a box of instant vanilla pudding mix. (Feel free to make homemade pudding if you’d like.) I like to give boxed pudding a little boost of flavor by adding almond extract. You can use vanilla extract if you’re not an almond fan.
Once your pudding is chilled, you only need to fill your pie shells, add whipped topping and sprinkles and DIG IN!
This is such an easy dessert that the kids can help scoop, swirl and sprinkle, too. My boys are expert sprinkle sprinklers and spoon lickers 😉
- 12 mini graham cracker pie shells
- One 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon almond extract*
- 2 cups whole milk
- Cherry pie filling
- Blueberry pie filling
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and add almond extract.
- Chill in refrigerator until pudding is set.
- Fill pie shells about ⅔ full with vanilla pudding.
- Add one heaping tablespoon of cherry pie filling and one tablespoon of blueberry pie filling on opposite sides of the pie on top of the pudding.
- Take a butter knife and swirl the pie fillings into the vanilla pudding.
- Top with a dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles.
*If you don’t love almond extract, use vanilla extract – either will add just a little boost of flavor to the pudding!
Also, sprinkles may soften and ‘run’ if they sit on the whipped topping too long, so add them just before serving.
This recipe could easily transition to a full size pie. Just fill a large pie shell with pudding and swirl in more of each pie filling. Since the pudding is soft set, I would pop the pie into the freezer for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Bring on the Summer fun of BBQs, pool parties, sparklers and pie!!
More Red, White & Blue Treats!
Shortbread Sparklers – Chocolate Covered Shortbread Cookies!
Patriotic Mini Fruit Pizzas