- 12 mini graham cracker pie shells
- One 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract*
- 2 cups whole milk
- Cherry pie filling
- Blueberry pie filling
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and add almond extract.
- Chill in refrigerator until pudding is set.
- Fill pie shells about 2/3 full with vanilla pudding.
- Add one heaping tablespoon of cherry pie filling and one tablespoon of blueberry pie filling on opposite sides of the pie on top of the pudding.
- Take a butter knife and swirl the pie fillings into the vanilla pudding.
- Top with a dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream and patriotic sprinkles.
*If you don't love almond extract, use vanilla extract - either will add just a little boost of flavor to the pudding!
Also, sprinkles may soften and 'run' if they sit on the whipped topping too long, so add them just before serving.
This recipe could easily transition to a full size pie. Just fill a large pie shell with pudding and swirl in more of each pie filling. Since the pudding is soft set, I would pop the pie into the freezer for 10-15 minutes before slicing.