Holiday Sparkling Sangria Punch is a festive and fruity drink that isn’t too sweet or boozy. It is SO delicious that I’m pretty sure it will be the star of every occasion! I am thrilled to share this festive recipe with you in partnership with Banfi Vineyards.
The holidays are here! Parties are making an appearance on the calendar, progressive dinners are scheduled and holiday entertaining is in full swing! If you need an easy, no stress holiday punch for all those events, I’ve got the perfect one to share with you today!
Simple Sparkling Sangria Punch
Now, I am not a big liquor drinker. I don’t have a fully stocked bar with mixers and bottles of various alcohols. There are a few reasons for that.
- We have two teenagers 😉 I kid. Sort of.
- Tequila was not my friend on our first anniversary cruise down to Mexico. Yikes, ya’ll.
- I am the worst at ordering drinks, mixing drinks and I really don’t love super boozy cocktails. I am a nerdy white wine spritzer kind of girl. Hello, the 80s called and want their drink back. Ha!
So what does that mean for you?
This Sparkling Sangria Punch leans more towards punch than sangria – I didn’t add any brandy, rum or orange liqueur (but you can).
It comes together with a few basics that you can grab at the grocery store.
You can make it in a pitcher and guests can serve themselves … easy entertaining at its finest.
But don’t worry! This gorgeous cranberry colored punch is a stunner! Fizzy, fruity and oh so festive!
I used my new favorite red wine for this Sparkling Sangria Punch … the Centine Rosso from Banfi Vineyards. (You may remember how much we loved this red at the Fall Wine Tasting Party I hosted.) It has a beautiful deep ruby color and hints of cherry, fruit and spice.
With the addition of orange juice, ginger ale and fresh fruit, it makes the perfect festive holiday drink!
Just mix the wine, juice and fruit together in a pitcher and add the chilled ginger ale just before serving to preserve the fizz and sparkle.
Add an orange slice and additional berries to each glass for a simple but pretty presentation.
Come to momma!
Speaking of momma, my sweet mom and I enjoyed a glass (or two, ahem) while crafting and binge watching the Gilmore Girls revival. It was pretty much the perfect day.
- 1 bottle Centine Russo (a medium-bodied red wine)
- 12 oz. cold orange juice
- 1/3 liter cold ginger ale
- Fresh raspberries (cranberries, orange slices for garnish)
- In a pitcher, mix together red wine and orange juice.
- Add thinly sliced orange slices, fresh raspberries and cranberries and chill until serving.
- Just prior to serving, stir in chilled ginger ale.
- To serve, add a slice of orange and a few berries to each glass and top with sparkling sangria punch.
Don’t forget to pin this for all your holiday events!!