Sparkling Sangria Punch is a festive and fruity drink that isn’t too sweet or boozy. It is SO delicious that I’m pretty sure it will be the star of every occasion!
The holidays are here! Parties are making an appearance on the calendar, progressive dinners are scheduled and holiday entertaining is in full swing! If you need an easy, no stress holiday punch for all those events, I’ve got the perfect one to share with you today!
This Sparkling Sangria Punch leans more towards punch than sangria – I didn’t add any brandy, rum or orange liqueur (but you can, here’s a great classic recipe) but rather it is a lighter version full of flavor.
Why I love this recipe
- It comes together with a few basics that you can grab at the grocery store.
- You can make it in a pitcher and guests can serve themselves … easy entertaining at its finest.
A rich red wine with the addition of orange juice, ginger ale and fresh fruit, it makes the perfect festive holiday drink!
Step by step
This is super simple, just mix the wine, juice and fruit together in a pitcher and add the chilled ginger ale just before serving to preserve the fizz and sparkle.
Add an orange slice and additional berries to each glass for a simple but pretty presentation.
- use club soda or sparkling apple or grape juice instead of ginger ale
- mix or substitute cranberry juice for orange juice
Doesn’t it look mouth-watering?!
Traditionally sangria is made with tempranillo wine but you can use any red wine you enjoy. Be sure to use a high-quality wine, nothing cheap, as the red wine is the star of the show in this punch recipe!
Making the sangria punch without the ginger ale ahead of time gives the flavors a chance to blend, so prep up to a day in advance and add the ginger ale just before serving.
This sangria punch would be perfect with these appetizers:Print
is a festive and fruity drink that isn’t too sweet or boozy. It is SO delicious that I’m pretty sure it will be the star of every occasion!
- 1 bottle tempranillo or other medium body red wine
- 12 oz. cold orange juice
- ⅓ liter cold ginger ale
- Fresh raspberries, cranberries, & orange slices
- In a pitcher, mix together red wine and orange juice.
- Add thinly sliced orange slices, fresh raspberries and cranberries and chill until serving.
- Just prior to serving, stir in chilled ginger ale.
- To serve, add a slice of orange and a few berries to each glass and top with sparkling sangria punch.
- use club soda or sparkling fruit juice instead of ginger ale
- add different fruits
- use cranberry juice instead of orange juice
Keywords: sangria punch