Save a ton of calories and skip the drive through with our make at home Healthy Frozen Coffee recipe! This slushy coffee drink is a frosty, refreshing way to enjoy your morning cup of joe and tastes just as good as Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks!
Guys, you have NO idea how excited I am about this post! When my local Dunkin’ Donuts debuted their frozen coffee, I was hooked! Oh, it was bad. Like at least three times a week bad. I would practically dream about a toasted almond frozen coffee.
It was really bad for my wallet and – little did I know – really bad for my waistline. (A small frozen coffee has almost 500 calories – eek!) So, I popped some coffee in the freezer, grabbed my blender and whipped up this healthy frozen coffee that tastes every bit as delicious as Dunkin Donuts!
Healthy Frozen Coffee Recipe
How to make Dunkin Donuts frozen coffee healthier
So … what makes this skinny frozen coffee healthier than the store-bought one? A couple of simple, key ingredients:
- Coffee – there are less than 5 calories (Maybe even just 1 calorie!) in 8 oz. of coffee
- Vanilla almond milk – (not the unsweetened variety) 8 oz. only has 80 calories and enough sweetness to take the place of added sugar
- Almond extract (you can also use vanilla, rum, mint, etc.) – 1/2 teaspoon has about 6 calories
One generous 16 oz. glass of this skinny frozen coffee clocks in at under 90 calories!
How to Make Frozen Coffee
- The only ‘prep work’ for this recipe is to freeze some coffee. Brew your favorite blend of coffee and allow it to cool. Once you have the coffee cooled, just put in an ice cube tray and let it freeze over night.
- Blend together some frozen coffee cubes, vanilla almond milk and a splash of almond extract and you are just a whirl away from caffeinated heaven.
- Enjoy without the guilt!!
Can you see that glorious, slushy consistency? It is so frosty and refreshing! I don’t know about you, but hot coffee during summer is just wrong. This Skinny Frozen Coffee is oh so right!
How to Change the Flavor
There are tons of ways you can switch up the flavors of this skinny frozen coffee:
- Mint Chocolate Chip: Chocolate almond milk + mint extract
- Butter Rum: Cashew milk + rum extract
- Very Vanilla: Vanilla almond milk + vanilla extract
- Coconut: Coconut soy milk + vanilla extract
With less than 100 calories, you can even splurge on a little whipped cream! This is the perfect frosty, frozen coffee drink for my fellow coffee lovers!
More Delicious Recipes with COFFEE!!
- Cookie Dough Iced Coffee
- Iced Mocha Eclair Cake
- Boozy Coffeehouse Italian Sodas
- Dalgona Korean Whipped Coffee
Save a ton of calories and skip the drive through with our make at home Skinny Frozen Coffee! This slushy coffee drink is a frosty, refreshing way to enjoy your morning cup of joe!
- 8 oz vanilla almond milk
- 6–8 coffee ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Brew your favorite coffee or used purchased iced coffee and fill ice cube trays with coffee.
- Allow to freeze completely.
- In a blender, add almond milk, extract and coffee ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and slushy.
Keywords: skinny frozen coffee
This recipe was originally shared July 2017 and updated July 2020 with additional information.