Soft white cake is drenched in raspberry Jell-O then topped with fluffy whipped cream and fresh raspberries – this super simple Raspberry Poke Cake is definitely a dreamy dessert!
So, there is cake and then there is poke cake. I am clearly obsessed. Unashamedly I might add. And actually, this fruity dessert was a request from the hubby. He really doesn’t even like sweets (I KNOW!) but loves raspberries. After packing up my last poke cake to take his co-workers – this Red White & Blue Poke Cake – he asked if I was planning on making a raspberry cake anytime soon. Huh. Great idea. Honey, your wish is my command.
Raspberry Poke Cake
Classic white cake is one of my favorite bases for poke cakes. I just use a boxed cake mix, but feel free to make your cake from scratch if you like. Even once it is baked, the cake is bright and nearly white and pops against colorful Jell-o that settles in and firms up while the cake is chilling. Just look at that gorgeous magenta raspberry color!
If you have never made a poke cake, then you are in for a treat! This is a chilled dessert which is absolutely perfect for hot Summer get togethers and parties. Even better, since it stays in the fridge, you can make it a day or two in advance so your entertaining just got so easy!
This poke cake recipe is SO versatile, so if you are not a huge raspberry fan, then you might like one of these versions:
- Lime Poke Cake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake
- Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
- Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake
- Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
Honestly, I’ve never met a poke cake I didn’t like!Print
Raspberry Poke Cake is a delicious fruit flavored treat, perfect for summer celebrations!
- One 9x13 white cake (baked & cooled)
- One 3 oz box of raspberry Jell-O
- 8 oz. whipped topping (thawed)
- Fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a large drinking straw to poke holes over the entire surface of the cooled cake.
- Prepare Jell-o with 1 cup boiling water and ½ cup cold water. (This is ½ cup less water than the directions on the box.)
- Pour Jell-o over the cake – make sure to get some in every hole and over the surface of the cake.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Just prior to serving, spread whipped topping over the cake and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Keywords: raspberry poke cake
With its vibrant magenta color and fresh, tart berries on top, this Raspberry Poke Cake is likely to disappear quick so grab a fork and grab a slice … enjoy!!
More Mouth Watering Raspberry Desserts!