With a glossy, sticky honey mustard glaze, these Grilled Honey Mustard Drumsticks will be the star of every picnic, potluck and pool party!
Oh, hello Spring! Here in Florida, the weather could not be more perfect. So we are prepping the pool, stocking up on sunscreen, dusting off the lawn chairs and spending more and more time outdoors. We love to entertain in our back yard and since I would rather chat than cook in the kitchen, I am sharing an easy grilling recipe that everyone from 2 to 92 will enjoy!
Grilled Honey Mustard Drumsticks
I can't believe that I haven't ever made these drumsticks before! Chicken drumsticks are super affordable which makes them the perfect protein to feed a crowd. Since it is so hot in Florida, we typically grill as soon as the weather allows so we don't heat up the house with the oven. And who doesn't love the classic combo of honey + mustard?
The star of this recipe is 100% the homemade honey mustard sauce! It is the perfect blend of sweet, tangy and savory.
This homemade sauce only has 3 ingredients, so each one really shines. I use good quality local honey, savory soy sauce and Yellow Mustard.
Honestly, we use mustard like crazy around our house: tangy slow cooker cocktail sausages, the mustard vinaigrette for one of our favorite salads, homemade BBQ sauce and of course, on sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, potato salad and deviled eggs!
Now, back to these Grilled Honey Mustard Drumsticks! This recipe could not be any easier and every batch results in perfectly crispy skin, a finger licking sticky honey mustard glaze and tender chicken that falls right off the bone!
One of our secrets to perfectly tender drumsticks is to boil them for about 5 minutes to partially cook the chicken before we put them on the grill. This helps the drumsticks cook quicker without getting too charred.
Once they just reach 165 degrees F, begin brushing on that yummy honey mustard sauce. The mustard and soy give the outside of the chicken great color and the honey will start to caramelize and create that gorgeous glossy sticky glaze.
Is your mouth watering yet?! Don't forget to serve the chicken with the reserved honey mustard sauce because you absolutely cannot have too much!
I would love it if you added this recipe to your grilling or dinner Pinterest boards and if you try it, please comment and rate it below!Print
These Grilled Honey Mustard Drumsticks are dripping in a gloriously sticky glaze! This easy grilling recipe is perfect for those upcoming picnics and any outdoor entertaining!
- 10 - 12 chicken drumsticks
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- ⅔ cup honey
- 6 tablespoons French's Original Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Honey Mustard Sauce
- Whisk together the honey, mustard and soy sauce. Reserve ½ cup to serve with drumsticks.
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Prior to grilling, boil drumsticks for about 5 minutes to partially cook the chicken. (This helps them cook quicker without getting too charred.)
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Brush drumsticks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook just until the drumsticks reach 165 degrees F.
- Brush the drumsticks with the honey mustard sauce, rotate and brush on more honey mustard sauce.
- Repeat several times until the honey mustard sauce gets a little sticky and caramelized.
- Remove drumsticks to serving platter and serve with reserved sauce.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 18.7 g
- Sodium: 449.6 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 115.7 mg
Keywords: honey mustard drumsticks, honey mustard chicken