Copycat Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno recipe is made with ziti, marinara, alfredo, and 5 cheeses baked together with a crispy panko bread crumb topping.
No more waiting until you go to Olive Garden to enjoy some delicious 5 Cheese Ziti al Forno! This yummy copycat Olive Garden recipe combines marinara, alfredo sauce, and a whopping FIVE cheeses over ziti and topped with a yummy cheese and panko bread topping!
What is in Five Cheese Ziti al Forno?
This recipe reminds me a lot of lasagna with all it’s cheeses! You’ll need:
- marinara sauce
- alfredo sauce
- ricotta cheese
- Fontina cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- romano cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- panko breadcrumbs
- minced garlic
With all those cheeses, you can see why this recipe is a winner!
If you like this recipe, you should also try my Lazy Lasagna, Spaghetti Sandwich, and Cheesy Baked Meatballs! Any of these recipes are perfectly complimented by my Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread or this Homemade Texas Toast as well!
How to Make Copycat Olive Garden Ziti al Forno
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While it is warming up, cook the ziti according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine ziti, marinara, alfredo, ricotta, and fontina cheeses. Mix until it’s thoroughly combined.
- Spread the pasta mixture in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix the mozzarella, romano, parmesan cheeses, along with the panko bread crumbs and minced garlic. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheese and breadcrumb mixture evenly over the pasta in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Can I Freeze and Reheat this Copycat Ziti al Forno?
I don’t recommend freezing this recipe. The pasta absorbs the sauce upon thawing and reheating and tends to make the end result dry.
You can, however, keep this pasta in the fridge up to 3 days in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave. I have had no issue with it being dry when reheated after refrigeration.
Can I add Meat to this Recipe?
The original Olive Garden 5 Cheese Marinara Ziti recipe is a vegetarian dish and delicious on its own but you could absolutely add meat to it if you wish.
It is delicious with ground beef or sausage mixed with the ziti and sauce mixture or even seared chicken cut into cubes!
Can I Use Other Pasta in this Recipe?
Yes! You can use any hearty pasta like penne, bowties, or rigatoni. I do not recommend thinner pastas like spaghetti and angel hair as the pasta may get mushy during the baking process.
I hope you enjoy this copycat recipe as much as we do! If you try it, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Copycat Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno recipe is made with marinara, alfredo, and 5 cheeses baked together with a crispy panko bread crumbs topping.
- 1 pound ziti
- 36 ounces marinara sauce
- 16 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs, Italian style
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, cook ziti according to package instructions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine ziti, marinara, alfredo sauce, Fontina cheese, and ricotta cheese and stir until blended.
- Spread ziti mixture a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- In another medium bowl combine mozzarella, romano, Parmesan cheeses along with Panko breadcrumbs and minced garlic until blended.
- Spread breadcrumb mixture over ziti evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- If you do not have ziti, you can substitute another hearty pasta like penne, rigatoni, or bowties.
Keywords: ziti al forno, 5 cheese marinara