With a buttery, garlic spread loaded with flavorful pesto and nutty Parmesan cheeses, this 20-minute Homemade Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread will disappear from the dinner table!
While I am no stranger to the frozen foods section of my grocery store and I really appreciate the convenience of prepared items, there is just something about homemade garlic bread that makes a basic pasta dinner taste pretty special. Since my boys love pesto, I stirred in a little jarred pesto and added a generous amount of cheese to the buttery spread before slathering it on slices of a fresh loaf of bread.
Homemade Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread
Here are the ingredients to make this pesto Parmesan garlic bread:
- One loaf of Italian bread cut into 8-10 slices
- Softened butter
- Minced garlic
- Jarred pesto
- Shredded and grated Parmesan cheeses
P.S. I love using 9×13 sheet pans (also called quarter sheet pans) for baking. Two pans fit on my oven shelves and I can easily rotate them for even baking. Plus, they are smaller to store and a great tool for smaller kitchens.
**This list contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase after clicking through, Shaken Together may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep the kitchen stocked and free recipes and entertaining ideas coming your way! For all of my favorite kitchen tools, products and fun finds, Shop Shaken Together!
How to make homemade pesto Parmesan garlic bread
Once the bread is sliced, place it on a baking sheet while the oven is preheating.
Stir together the butter, pesto, garlic and cheeses.
Slater each slice with a generous amount of the spread.
Pop it in the oven until golden and bubbly … your kitchen will smell amazing at this point 🙂
Our favorite way to eat homemade pesto Parmesan garlic bread
We used slices of this homemade pesto Parmesan garlic bread and made open faced Italian sloppy joes. Have you ever heard of them? Just brown 1 pound of ground beef, chicken or turkey and stir in 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Spoon that mixture over garlic bread and dig in!
Leftovers? As with any leftover baked bread item, reheat in the oven for a crispier texture. 🙂
More Easy Italian Recipes!
- Broccoli Italian Sausage Bake
- Pepperoni Chicken Bites with Creamy Italian Dipping Sauce
- Cheesy Baked Meatballs
With a buttery, garlic spread loaded with flavorful pesto and nutty Parmesan cheeses, this Homemade Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread will disappear from the dinner table!
- 10 slices Italian bread (about 3/4″ – 1″ thick)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 T pesto
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet(s).
- In a bowl, stir together softened butter, pesto, minced garlic and both Parmesan cheeses.
- Spread a generous layer of the butter spread on each slice of bread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bread is toasted, the edges are brown and the butter and cheese is melted.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes (watch the bread closely so it doesn’t burn) until the butter and cheese is bubbly and ever so slightly browned.
Keywords: pesto garlic bread, parmesan garlic bread