With a buttery, garlic spread loaded with flavorful pesto and nutty Parmesan cheeses, this 20-minute Homemade Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread will disappear from the dinner table!
While I am no stranger to the frozen foods section of my grocery store and I really appreciate the convenience of prepared items, there is just something about homemade garlic bread or homemade Texas toast that makes a basic pasta dinner taste pretty special. Since my boys love pesto, I stirred in a little jarred pesto and added a generous amount of cheese to the buttery spread before slathering it on slices of a fresh loaf of bread.
Homemade Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread
Here are the ingredients to make this pesto Parmesan garlic bread:
- One loaf of Italian bread cut into 8-10 slices
- Softened butter
- Minced garlic
- Jarred pesto
- Shredded and grated Parmesan cheeses
P.S. I love using 9x13 sheet pans (also called quarter sheet pans) for baking. Two pans fit on my oven shelves and I can easily rotate them for even baking. Plus, they are smaller to store and a great tool for smaller kitchens.
How to make homemade pesto Parmesan garlic bread
Once the bread is sliced, place it on a baking sheet while the oven is preheating.
Stir together the butter, pesto, garlic and cheeses.
Slater each slice with a generous amount of the spread.
Pop it in the oven until golden and bubbly ... your kitchen will smell amazing at this point 🙂
We used slices of this homemade pesto Parmesan garlic bread and made open faced Italian sloppy joes. Have you ever heard of them? Just brown 1 pound of ground beef, chicken or turkey and stir in 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Spoon that mixture over garlic bread and dig in!
Leftovers? As with any leftover baked bread item, reheat in the oven for a crispier texture. 🙂
More Easy Italian Recipes!
- Broccoli Italian Sausage Bake
- Pepperoni Chicken Bites with Creamy Italian Dipping Sauce
- Cheesy Baked Meatballs
With a buttery, garlic spread loaded with flavorful pesto and nutty Parmesan cheeses, this Homemade Pesto Parmesan Garlic Bread will disappear from the dinner table!
- 10 slices Italian bread (about ¾" - 1" thick)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 T pesto
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet(s).
- In a bowl, stir together softened butter, pesto, minced garlic and both Parmesan cheeses.
- Spread a generous layer of the butter spread on each slice of bread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bread is toasted, the edges are brown and the butter and cheese is melted.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes (watch the bread closely so it doesn't burn) until the butter and cheese is bubbly and ever so slightly browned.
Keywords: pesto garlic bread, parmesan garlic bread