Lemon Butter Chicken in a one pan dinner recipe the entire family will love. From start to dinner table in less than an hour, this is a great recipe to have on hand for busy weeknights.
Get ready taste buds, tender juicy chicken breasts and asparagus are covered in a creamy, buttery lemon sauce and served on its own for a low carb meal or over your choice of rice or pasta.
Why I love this recipe
This meal is packed with flavor yet still simple enough for weeknights! I love that it uses only one pan for easy cleanup and can be on the table in less than an hour.
First you'll need to gather your ingredients, nothing too fancy here:
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- fresh asparagus
- white wine or chicken broth
- Italian seasoning
- heavy cream
Step by step
(Full printable recipe at the end of the blog post)
- Preheat your oven and grab your favorite cast iron or oven-safe skillet. Melt butter in the skillet and sear the chicken breasts. This locks the juices inside so we don't end up with dry chicken (that's the worst!)
- Remove the chicken and add the white or chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic to the pan.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze and release all the flavor from those brown bits!
- Add the asparagus and sauté until bright green.
- Add your cream and mix until blended, then add the chicken back to the pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and serve over rice or pasta of your choice!
I promise, this recipe smells so good you'll barely be able to wait until it's done!
- white or brown rice
- pasta (We love it with angel hair or linguine)
- cauliflower rice for low carb or keto
- roasted potatoes
- on its own with crusty bread on the side
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
If you like this recipe, please comment and rate it below. I love hearing from you!Print
Lemon Butter Chicken in a one pan dinner recipe the entire family will love. From start to dinner table in less than 45 minutes, this is a great recipe to have on hand for busy weeknights.
- 4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
- ⅓ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pint heavy cream
- rice or pasta for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in the a cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan and sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the white or chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic to the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze the pan. Add the asparagus and sauté until bright green, about 4 minutes.
- Add cream and mix until blended, then add the chicken back to the pan including any juices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and temperature at thickest part reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve over rice or pasta of your choice.
nutritional information does not include rice or pasta, just chicken, asparagus, and sauce
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 36.1 mg
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Protein: 11.1 g
- Cholesterol: 134.3 mg
Keywords: lemon butter chicken