Lemon Butter Chicken in a one pan dinner recipe the entire family will love. From start to dinner table in less than 45 minutes, this is a great recipe to have on hand for busy weeknights.
- 4–5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pint heavy cream
- rice or pasta for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in the a cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan and sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the white or chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic to the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze the pan. Add the asparagus and sauté until bright green, about 4 minutes.
- Add cream and mix until blended, then add the chicken back to the pan including any juices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and temperature at thickest part reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve over rice or pasta of your choice.
- nutritional information does not include rice or pasta, just chicken, asparagus, and sauce
- adapted from Well Plated
Keywords: lemon butter chicken