First, I made Sheet Pan Eggs … and now I’m sharing our favorite breakfast recipe with them! Super easy, freezer friendly, kid approved Breakfast Soft Tacos!
If you saw the post a few days ago, I shared the easiest way to cook 12 eggs in 15 minutes – Sheet Pan Eggs! Well, those easy eggs are one of the 4 ingredients that you need to make a big batch of our favorite breakfast ‘sandwich’! Just stuff a tortilla with eggs, bacon and cheese and you have a portable, protein packed breakfast!
Breakfast Soft Tacos
Easy, right? And all the classic breakfast flavors you crave in a soft, folded tortilla!
So, there is a little big of prep work, but it consists of 2 sheet pans and about 15 minutes in your oven. Let’s do it!
First, get your sheet pan eggs ready.
Then, lay out strips of bacon – one per breakfast soft taco- on another sheet pan. (Make crispy baked ranch bacon if you really want to punch these up a bit!)
Pop both pans in the oven until the eggs and bacon are done.
Cut your eggs into 12 squares and each of those squares in half. Cut each piece of bacon in half. Now, get ready to assemble!!
Fold each tortilla in half then open it back up again. This makes it a little easier to layer your ingredients on one side of the fold and makes folding the stuffed tortillas easier, too.
Then, add the eggs on one side of the fold you made in your tortilla.
Layer on one slice of cheese – we used colby jack, but add pepper jack for a little heat, creamy havarti or even a nice sharp cheddar!
Finally, add the bacon!! You could also add sausage patties, Canadian bacon, ham or even vegetarian breakfast sausage.
Fold your tortilla over the filling and you.are.done! Dig in!!
If you are eating them right away, feel free to add avocado, salsa, sauteed veggies, etc. Honestly, my boys loved them with just the eggs, cheese and bacon.
But, what if want to freeze the Breakfast Soft Tacos?
Wrap each taco in waxed paper and place the wrapped tacos in a gallon sized freezer bag. Thanks to their slim profile (ahhhh, if someone would only say that about me, ha ha) they don’t take up a ton of room in the freezer – winning!! To reheat, remove the soft taco from the waxed paper, place it on a microwave safe plate and microwave for about 35-45 seconds on high (more or less cooking time depending on your microwave).
Breakfast is served!
Quick & easy, freezer friendly, perfectly portable Breakfast Soft Tacos filled your favorite breakfast flavors!
- Twelve 6-inch flour tortillas
- 12 eggs – bake Sheet Pan Eggs to save time!
- 12 strips of bacon (or your favorite breakfast meat)
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese – we love Colby Jack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare Sheet Pan Eggs.
- While the eggs are baking, place 12 strips of bacon on another sheet tray and bake until crispy.
- Cut baked eggs into 12 squares and cut each square in half again.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut/break each piece of bacon in half.
- Fold/cut each slice of cheese in half.
- Fold each tortilla in half (so you can add your filling on one half of the tortilla for easy folding) and open it back up.
- On one side of the fold, layer two pieces of egg, two pieces of cheese and two pieces of bacon. (Since you halved everything, basically each soft taco is being filled with one egg, one slice of cheese and one slice of bacon.)
- Fold tortilla closed and dig in!
- Optional: add sliced avocado, salsa or even sauteed veggies.
- See notes for freezer instructions!
To freeze Breakfast Soft Tacos: Wrap each taco in waxed paper and place the wrapped tacos in a gallon sized freezer bag. Place the bag of soft tacos in the freezer. To reheat, pop a soft taco on a microwave safe plate and microwave for about 45 seconds on high (more or less cooking time depending on your microwave).
By prepping a batch of these Breakfast Soft Tacos on the weekend, our weekday morning breakfasts are a breeze! They would be a great solution to breakfast after a sleep over or for a camp site breakfast, too!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes!
Bacon Mushroom Cheddar Egg Bakes
Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Orange Sauce
Our Breakfast Soft Tacos may be shared here: