Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls are a super easy 20 minute dish the entire family will love. Flavorful Asian-style meat tops fluffy rice in this easy ground beef recipe you'll make again and again!
Like my Mongolian ground beef noodles, Korean turkey and rice bowls, Ground Beef and Rice Skillet, or creamy sausage pasta, this Korean-inspired ground beef recipe is super easy, packed with flavor, and fast to make. With just twenty minutes start to finish, it is the perfect meal for those crazy busy weeknights when you just need to get dinner on the table fast!
This recipe is inspired by traditional Korean beef bulgogi yet it uses ground beef instead of steak and skips any need to marinate so you get all that flavor with a super fast recipe.
- ground beef (lean beef is preferred)
- white rice or jasmine rice
- sesame oil
- brown sugar
- minced garlic
- soy sauce (we choose low sodium soy sauce)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- ground ginger
- ground black pepper
- green onion
Step by step
This recipe is so easy the kids can help make it!
- Start cooking rice according to package instructions.
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain is necessary (very lean ground beef should not require this.)
- Mix the remaining ingredients other than green onion in a small bowl. Pour sauce over the meat and stir to coat.
- Serve beef mixture over rice garnished with chopped green onion.
Too easy right?
- add sesame seeds to garnish as well
- toss in veggies like peas, carrots, or chopped broccoli
- serve over cauliflower rice for a lower-carb option
- substitute brown rice or your other favorite grain
- serve with rice noodles
- substitute ground turkey, ground pork, or ground chicken
This is a great meal prep recipe as well. Store leftovers or meal portions in airtight containers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls are a super easy 20 minute dinner the entire family will love. Flavorful Asian-style meat tops fluffy rice in this easy ground beef recipe you'll make again and again!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups rice
- green onion for garnish
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Mix garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over meat and stir to mix. Cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve meat over prepared rice and garnish with chopped green onion.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 331.7 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.8 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 18.9 g
- Cholesterol: 45.2 mg
Keywords: Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls