Fresh corn and creamy avocado are the stars of this savory Summer side dish. Our Corn & Avocado Salsa with a lime, cilantro & cumin dressing can be scooped with chips, added to a taco or enjoyed with a fork!
We are heading into the final days of the school year which can only mean one thing: Summer is right around the corner!! Bring on lazy days by the pool, trips to the beach, sleeping in and all the Summer produce! Kick off this glorious time of year with a simple, seasonal recipe made with fresh sweet corn and perfectly ripe avocados …
Corn & Avocado Salsa
What is in Corn & Avocado Salsa?
The ingredients in this salsa are simple and straight forward:
- Fresh sweet corn
- Ripe avocados
- Olive oil
Tips for Serving Corn & Avocado Salsa
The lime juice and olive oil keep the avocados from browning to quickly and the sturdy corn can hold up to the flavor packed dressing, so this corn & avocado salsa is a great addition to a Summer party spread or that Taco Tuesday taco bar.
- For a party, serve individual portions of this corn salsa in small bowls to make scooping it with chips easier. I picked up these cute little clear plastic bowls at my local dollar store.
- Serve with small wedges of lime for an extra squeeze of flavor.
- If you want to make this salsa into a heartier salad, add a pint of halved grape tomatoes or a can of rinsed black beans. If you add extra veggies/beans, then I would suggest that you kick up the salt and add extra lime juice or olive oil to stretch the dressing.
Fresh sweet corn and creamy avocados are the stars in this simple Summer dish: Corn & Avocado Salsa! The lime, cilantro and cumin dressing is savory and packed with flavor! Served with chips or on a taco, this salsa will disappear in no time!
- 5 ears fresh sweet corn
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 T olive oil
- juice of one lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2–3 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Shuck the ears of corn and remove the silk.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the kernels from each ear of corn.
- Saute the corn kernels in a large skillet with a drizzle of olive oil, stirring frequently. Once the kernels are softened and there are some browned, sauteed bits, remove the skillet from the heat and allow the corn to cool.
- Once you are ready to serve this salsa, cut the avocados into small bite sized pieces.
- Add the cooled corn and avocado to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lime juice, salt, cumin, garlic and cilantro.
- Gently toss the corn and avocado mixture with the dressing and serve!
Stay tuned next week for a fun Tropical Summer Craft Party that I hosted featuring this Corn & Avocado Salsa, my Skinny Sparkling Pineapple Lemonade Punch and a Tropical Fruit Salad!!
More Super Summer Recipes
Summer Guacamole with Sweet Corn, Poblano Peppers & Cotija Cheese