Fresh sweet corn and creamy avocados are the stars in this simple Summer dish: Corn & Avocado Salsa! The lime, cilantro and cumin dressing is savory and packed with flavor! Served with chips or on a taco, this salsa will disappear in no time!
- 5 ears fresh sweet corn
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 T olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Shuck the ears of corn and remove the silk.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the kernels from each ear of corn.
- Saute the corn kernels in a large skillet with a drizzle of olive oil, stirring frequently. Once the kernels are softened and there are some browned, sauteed bits, remove the skillet from the heat and allow the corn to cool.
- Once you are ready to serve this salsa, cut the avocados into small bite sized pieces.
- Add the cooled corn and avocado to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lime juice, salt, cumin, garlic and cilantro.
- Gently toss the corn and avocado mixture with the dressing and serve!