Bursting with fresh blueberries and a hint of warm vanilla flavor, this 10 Minute Vanilla Blueberry Sauce is quick and easy to make. We love to drizzle this homemade blueberry sauce on top of ice cream, pound cake, oatmeal and yogurt!
Can you get a load of that? That big beautiful puddle of fruity homemade blueberry sauce just sliding over slices of fresh pound cake?! That is a seriously gorgeous sight. With just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you can whip up one of my favorite go to desserts for easy entertaining or last minute guests.
You all know that I am a big fan of living in Florida. So when I can grab gorgeous homegrown, Fresh from Florida blueberries at my local Publix, I am a happy, happy camper.
In season produce is fresher, less expensive, more nutritious and a great way to support local farms and growers. Our Florida farmers make it easy to eat fresh produce year-round. So while you're at the grocery store, keep an eye out for this in season produce:
- Sweet Corn
- Bell Peppers
Now, let's talk about this homemade vanilla blueberry sauce.
Gorgeous. Glossy. Deep purple. Bursting with berries and vanilla. This blueberry sauce will be your new BFF.
- vanilla extract
Step by step
- Bring blueberries, sugar, and water to a boil.
- Smash blueberries as the mixture cooks.
- Lower heat, then add a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch and water).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
While blueberry is often paired with lemon, I love the depth of flavor that this homemade blueberry sauce has thanks to a little vanilla extract. Here are some ideas for this sweet fruity sauce:
- Swirl it into plain yogurt
- Serve it over pound cake
- Slather it on toast
- Stir it into oatmeal
- Drizzle it over ice cream
- Add it between layered cakes
- Pour it into pancake or muffin batter
- Turn plain cheesecake into an impressive dessert
This 10 Minute Vanilla Blueberry Sauce also makes a really delicious gift. Grab a basket and fill it with a pound cake, a jar of your homemade blueberry sauce and some pretty disposable plates, napkins and silverware for a hostess or housewarming gift!Print
10 Minute Vanilla Blueberry Sauce is bursting with fresh blueberries and a hint of warm vanilla flavor. This gorgeous glossy blueberry sauce is absolutely delicious over pound cake, ice cream, oatmeal and yogurt!
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon water + 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place blueberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil (about 7 minutes) and smash/mash most of the berries as mixture cooks.
- Lower heat to low and stir in cornstarch slurry.
- Stir and allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Allow blueberry sauce to cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 45
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 0.5 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vanilla blueberry sauce
Have you ever made homemade blueberry sauce?! What would you put this delicious vanilla blueberry sauce on? Here are a few more recipes featuring blueberries here at Shaken Together ...