10 Minute Vanilla Blueberry Sauce is bursting with fresh blueberries and a hint of warm vanilla flavor. This gorgeous glossy blueberry sauce is absolutely delicious over pound cake, ice cream, oatmeal and yogurt!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp water + 1 tbsp cornstarch)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place blueberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil (about 7 minutes) and smash/mash most of the berries as mixture cooks.
- Lower heat to low and stir in cornstarch slurry.
- Stir and allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Allow blueberry sauce to cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Keywords: vanilla blueberry sauce