Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? I think this year, we should - even if it only means a fantastic Mexican feast! So, bust out a big pan of your famous enchiladas or tacos - I'll be making my easy Crock Pot Tacos - and then pop this easy Cinco de Mayo side dish in the oven ... cheesy baked black beans & rice!!
You know I am alllllll about easy recipes, right? Well, this recipe only has 3 ingredients, so it is most definitely EASY! And can be doubled or even tripled for a crowd. So, whether you are having a small family dinner or a big Mexican fiesta, cheesy baked black beans & rice are a must make!
This Cinco de Mayo side dish is a quick twist on basic black beans and rice, but hey, everything is better topped with an ooey gooey layer of melted cheese, right?
- black beans
- cheddar cheese
Step by step
- Spread the rice in the baking dish.
- Top with beans.
- Cover with cheese.
Need to use up more rice? Try this rice and ground beef skillet dinner too!
Serving suggestions & add ins
I like to add lime zest and a squeeze of lime juice to my rice while it is cooking. If you like heat, add a layer of sliced jalapeños under the cheese.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Cheesy baked beans and rice is a fast, 3 ingredient side dish recipe perfect for Cinco de Mayo or even Taco Tuesday!
- 2 cups prepared rice
- One 15.5 oz. can seasoned black beans (undrained)
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese
- Cilantro (lime wedges and salsa for garnish, optional)
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350*.
- Spread the prepared rice in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the beans evenly over the rice.
- Finally, cover the beans with the shredded cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and just beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish and serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired.
Keywords: baked black beans