Easy Taco Soup is an easy 30-minute meal the entire family will love! Ground beef, tomatoes, onions, beans, and corn combine with the perfect blend of seasonings for a hearty Tex-Mex meal you will love!
I absolutely LOVE super fast and easy recipes like Taco Soup (we specialize in no-fuss food like ground beef stroganoff and taco macaroni, remember?) It is one of those recipes that is literally no-fail, you just brown the meat and onion, dump the ingredients into a pot, and let the magic happen!
Why I love this recipe
- this is a true 30-minute meal, start to finish
- it uses only one pot so there are fewer dishes to wash
- it uses simple ingredients you might already have in your pantry
- it is family-friendly and easy to customize to suit your own taste
I also love that this is a very inexpensive recipe to make, ground beef is one of the most inexpensive meats at the grocery store and this recipe only calls for one pound and it can feed the entire family easily. Canned beans, corn, and tomato paste are also very affordable.
- ground beef
- beans: black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, and great northern beans
- beef broth
- tomato paste
- taco seasoning
- ranch dressing mix
You can really play with this recipe to make it your own! Try ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef.
Spice it up with a small can of green chiles, a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles, hot sauce, or add in diced jalapeños! Change up the seasoning with chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, or onion powder.
You can also sneak in more veggies with diced bell peppers or chopped spinach.
Step by step
This recipe is so easy!
- Brown the ground beef and drain it.
- Return the meat to the pot and add onions, then garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve this with cornbread, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onion, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. This recipe also freezes very well. For longer storage freeze in a freezer safe container up to 3 months. You can also freeze in individual portions for an easy grab-and-go lunch.
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Taco Soup is an easy 30-minute meal the entire family will love! Ground beef, tomatoes, onions, beans, and corn combine with the perfect blend of seasonings for a hearty Tex-Mex meal you will love!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 15 ounce can great northern beans
- 15 ounce can corn
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro for serving (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef. Drain the meat of any excess grease and return to the pot.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 15-20 minutes
Serve with tortilla chips, cornbread, and/or your favorite taco toppings.
Keywords: taco soup