Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole layers hash browns, sausage or ham, eggs, and a generous helping of cheese for an easy breakfast the entire family will love. Let this cook overnight in your Crock Pot or fix it in the morning, either way it’s delicious!
- 32 ounce bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 pound ground sausage, ham, or bacon; cooked and crumbled or diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- green onion or salsa (optional)
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add frozen hash browns to the bottom and top with the meat.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk until blended. Pour over the hash browns and meat.
- Spread shredded cheese over the mixture.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 2 1/2-3 hours or until eggs are set.
- Nutritional information is for casserole made with ground sausage
- For best results, if using ham or bacon add some of the variations below for additional flavor
- Add chopped bell peppers, onions, or even jalapeño to the egg mixture
- Stir the hash browns/meat/eggs before topping with cheese to mix the layers
- Use southwestern flavored hash browns to add spice
- Use maple breakfast sausage for a sweet and savory mix
- Omit the meat and add chopped veggies for a meat-free version
Keywords: slow cooker breakfast casserole