Creamsicle Orange Poke Cake layers orange cake with a boost of extra orange flavor and finished off with a creamy whipped topping for a dessert reminiscent of your favorite sherbet treat. It's the perfect summer dessert for potlucks or parties.
- 1 box orange cake mix and oil, water, & eggs required on the box
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 box orange Jello
- 1 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- orange zest and/or orange candies for garnish if desired
- Prepare cake in a 9 by 13" baking pan according to package directions, substituting 1/3cup of the required water for orange juice. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Use a skewer or the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes 1" apart throughout the cake.
- Mix Jello mix according to package directions and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to 2 days.
- When ready to top, mix pudding and milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread topping over the cake. Garnish with orange zest, whipped cream, and/or orange candies if desired.
- Be sure to poke holes no more than 1" apart for the best flavor.
- Use cool whip, not homemade whipped cream.
- If you do have any leftovers (I never do!) keep it in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- You can make this cake up to 2 days ahead of time (it tastes better than way actually), just add the topping before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 38.3 g
- Sodium: 490.8 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.1 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 31.7 mg
Keywords: orange poke cake, creamsicle poke cake