Put a twist on a classic holiday side dish with these easy and oh-so-delicious Sweet Potato Casserole Bites!
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- olive oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place sweet potato rounds on baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil and roast until the rounds are fork tender but not TOO soft. Mine took about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir together butter, brown sugar and pecans.
- Divide brown sugar pecan mixture over the tops of the roasted potato rounds.
- Add 5 or 6 mini marshmallows on top of the brown sugar pecan mixture.
- Return pan to the oven until marshmallows are melted.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Casserole Bites