When you can't decide between cookies and cupcakes, you can have the best of both worlds with these crazy good Mini Sugar Cookie Dough Frosted Cupcakes!
- 48 mini cupcakes (we like vanilla, white or yellow cake, baked and cooled)
Sugar Cookie Dough Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles (optional)
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together butter, brown & granulated sugars and extracts.
- Mix in flour, salt and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk until the mixture is the consistency of cookie dough.
- Dough can be refrigerated for a few days prior to frosting the cupcakes.
To finish the cupcakes
- If the cookie dough frosting has been refrigerated, remove from refrigerator for a few minutes to make scooping the dough easier.
- Use a 1 oz. cookie scoop to add a scoop of cookie dough to the top of each cupcake.
- Garnish with sprinkles.
- If not serving right away, store cupcakes in refrigerator.
- This is a pretty flexible recipe, so you can use all brown sugar instead of the blend of granulated & brown sugars.
- If you prefer to ditch the almond extract, just replace it with more vanilla extract.
- I've also used half & half and even coffee creamer in place of milk in a pinch, so just go with what you've got on hand!
- Also, there may be a small risk with eating raw flour, so please consume at your own risk.
- Nutritional information is for 1 ounce of frosting (enough for one mini cupcake)
Keywords: sugar cookie dough Frosting