Smashed Berry Breakfast Toast is as delicious and it is simple. The combo of crunchy bread, warm melty peanut butter and fresh, tangy raspberries will perk your boring breakfast right up!
- 2 slices sturdy bread for toasting
- peanut butter (or your preferred nut butter)
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Toast the bread until crunchy and golden brown.
- Slather peanut butter (or your preferred nut butter) over the toast.
- Immediately sprinkle 1/2 of the raspberries on each piece of toast and use a fork to gently smash the berries to release their juice.
- Sturdy bread like sourdough, English toasting bread and dense nutty bread hold up to the peanut butter and berries well, especially when toasted. If you prefer lightly toasted bread or use a white sandwich bread, just cut the toast so it doesn’t sag when you pick it up.
- Raspberries and blackberries work best to smash right on the toast. However, if you have blueberries or strawberries on hand, just cut them and smash them in a small bowl and then spoon the berry mixture over the toast.