Hearty Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are made with ground beef, rice, and a tasty marinara sauce. This easy meal only requires 20 minutes of prep time and is packed with protein and veggies!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (any kind)
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers. Remove the stem, dice the tops and set aside. Remove the seeds and ribs from the pepper carefully so you do not break the sides.
- In a large bowl combine beef, diced pepper, rice, 1 cup of marinara, 1 cup cheese, onion, and seasonings. Stir to mix.
- Stuff the peppers with the rice mixture, filling all the way to the top.
- Add any remaining filling and the rest of the marinara to the the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the stuffed peppers to the slow cooker, being careful to keep them upright. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours without opening the lid.
- Remove lid, top with cheese and replace the cover. Cook an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Keywords: slow cooker stuffed peppers