This flavorful, tender Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is an easy make ahead meal perfect for tacos, nachos and salads! Easily doubles for a crowd, too!
- 2 lbs boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 can Rotel (mild or hot to your family’s taste)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Spread Rotel over the seasoned chicken breasts.
- Cut each tablespoon of butter into a few pieces and place on top of the chicken.
- Turn slow cooker on high and cook for 4-5 hours or until the chicken shreds easily with two forks.
- Allow shredded chicken to simmer in the cooking liquid until serving.
Keywords: shredded mexican chicken