Sausage rolls are an easy appetizer recipe based on a British classic. Savory sausage is wrapped in a buttery, flaky puff pastry for a grab and go snack perfect for parties.
- 2 pack puff pastry dough
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- Thaw puff pastry dough according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine sausage, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, and seasonings. Mix well with hands to combine.
- Divide sausage mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 3 sections lengthwise along the fold lines.
- Roll each section of sausage mixture into "logs" in equal length to the pastry dough.
- Lay the sausage in the middle of the dough and use fingers to pinch the dough shut around the filling.
- Lay the rolls seam-side down on the baking sheet. Use a knife to gently cut each roll into four equal sections.
- Mix egg and water together and brush each roll with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- if you have trouble closing the dough around the sausage, use fingers to gently flatten the sides of the dough to stretch it out
- can be eaten warm or at room temperature
- Unbaked sausage rolls can be frozen before adding the egg wash. Freeze on a baking sheet and then transfer to a freezer bag. Cook from frozen by adding egg wash and extending cooking time an additional 5-10 minutes.
Keywords: sausage roll