Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is easier than you think to make at home! This copycat version is just as creamy and full of flavor as the original version with soft pillowy gnocchi potato dumplings, chicken, and spinach, and best of all - it can be on the table in just 35 minutes!
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 16 ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add diced chicken breast and sauté until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to the pot along with onion, garlic, and carrots. Cook 3-4 minutes or until onions are soft and beginning to become translucent.
- Add chicken broth, chicken breast, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and continue to boil for 4 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk and spinach. Continue to simmer 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop over medium low heat for best results
- Freeze in a freezer-safe container up to 3 months.
Keywords: chicken gnocchi soup