- One 9x13 white cake (from scratch or from a box mix, baked and cooled)
- One small box lime Jell-O
- One 8 oz. tub of whipped topping (thawed)
- Sprinkles and lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a large drinking straw to poke holes over the entire surface of the cooled cake.
- Prepare Jell-o with 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water. (This is 1/2 cup less water than the directions on the box.)
- Pour Jell-o over the cake - making sure to get some in every hole and over the surface of the cake.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least three hours.
- Frost with whipped topping and add sprinkles and lime slices for garnish just before serving.