Lemon Bundt Cake is a light, moist pound cake perfect for any occasion. Packed with sweet-tart flavor, it's elegant enough for a party but easy enough for an everyday dessert!
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of one lemon
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it.
- In a mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda and stir to mix.
- Add half of flour mixture to mixer and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add buttermilk, lemon extract, and lemon zest, then remaining flour mixture.
- Mix until just combined, batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and reduce oven heat to 325.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Pour half over cake while cake is still warm and the other half after the cake completely cools.
- If you don't have buttermilk, add one tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and stir to mix. Allow to sit 5 minutes before adding to the recipe.
- If you don't have baking spray, grease the pan generously and coat with flour.
- Adjust thickness of the glaze by adding more or less powdered sugar.
- Recipe adapted from I am Baker
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 52.8 g
- Sodium: 200.4 mg
- Fat: 25.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.3 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 125.1 mg
Keywords: lemon bundt cake