No stove or short on time? Here is a step by step tutorial for everything you need to know about how to cook ground beef in the microwave.
- 1lb fresh ground beef
- seasonings as desired
- Place meat in a large glass microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave-safe cover.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Use the spoon to break up the meat and recover.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Break up the meat again with the spoon and check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Repeat until the meat reaches 160 degrees. Be sure to check the temperature in multiple places and continue to break up and stir the meat to ensure even cooking.
- Once the meat is to temperature, drain if necessary and season to taste.
You will also need:
- Medium-sized microwave-safe container or bowl (preferably glass)
- Microwave-safe lid
- Large wooden spoon
- A meat thermometer
Keywords: microwave ground beef