Homemade Orange Vanilla Sugar is a great gift idea! Stir a teaspoon into hot or iced tea, sprinkle it on buttered toast, use it in baking recipes like sugar cookies or sweet breads and even add to roasted carrots or sweet potatoes!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 – 15 drops of Orange essential oil (I use and love Young Living!)
- 1/4 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, Orange essential oil and vanilla extract.
- Once those three ingredients are combined well, stir in the orange zest.
- Spread the orange vanilla sugar out on a sheet tray to dry.
- Once the sugar is dry – mine took about an hour – break up any clumps if necessary and spoon/pour it into jars.
The drying time for this sugar may vary based on climate/humidity.