Ground beef vegetable soup is and tasty, family-friendly, and easy meal that is also budget-friendly! This healthy soup is loaded with potatoes, beef, carrots, green beans, and peas and is perfect for making ahead and freezing as well.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes or 3 medium potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups beef broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven add oil then ground beef. Brown the meat over medium high heat, breaking it into pieces as it cooks.
- When meat is mostly brown add onion and garlic. Stir often and cook until meat is totally brown and onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, beef broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, soup, Worcestershire, and seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5-6 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables and return to a simmer. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Keywords: ground beef vegetable soup